Get that ‘Spring Clean’ feeling with Laundry Lady27 August
Beat the winter blues and start spring on a fresh note!
Top cleaning tips for the parents’ retreat or master bedroom:
- Wash and pack away winter bedding and blankets, and get those fresh cotton sheets out for when the warmer weather hits
- Wash or replace your pillows – you should consider washing your pillows every few months; most also come with a date stamp suggesting a time to replace
- Turn and rotate your mattress – this helps retain firmness, freshness and keep the comfort fillings evenly distributed
- Sort the contents of your wardrobe into ‘keep’, ‘donate’ and ‘discard’ piles. If you haven’t worn something in the past six months, you could probably do without it!
Children’s bedrooms – organise the chaos with these easy simple steps:
Website Australian Home and Garden offers some top tips to spring clean the kids’ bedrooms – and fun and flexible storage is the key.
- You can easily pick up colourful baskets and tubs for toys, shoes, puzzle pieces, sporting equipment and books from most department stores or cheap shops. They are affordable and durable, and make it easy for kids to clean up their mess
- Label, label, label – see-through tubs and/or clearly marked boxes make it easier to find those individual items (if only we could keep track of those missing socks!)
- Sell, donate or recycle unused or outgrown toys and clothes (although, we do suggest doing this when the kids aren’t there to rediscover those long-lost ‘treasures’)
- Add a pop-up laundry basket, which can be put away or shifted to the bathroom or laundry to save space
- Use clear hanging shoe storage to organise smaller items like bags, hair ties, and stuffed toys.
Other spring clean ideas for the home
Once the bedrooms are in order, we then get to all those jobs set aside for the ‘too-hard basket’. Running low on time? Busy with school activities or work?
Make it manageable by writing a list and tick off one or two tasks every weekend, and you’ll soon be ready for spring – that’s more time spent with family and soaking up the sunshine.
- Dust blinds
- Vacuum under the beds
- Wash mats/rugs in high-traffic areas
- Wash soft furnishings like cushions and curtains (paying attention to care labels)
- Clean doorknobs, light switches and picture frames.
Let Laundry Lady take a load off your mind
Book online and we come to you – contactless and 24-hour turnaround for that spring clean feeling all year round.
We can assist with small or large jobs, once off or regular bookings. Our professional team of contractors are now available in even more locations, to assist with laundry needs at your Airbnb accommodation, beachside Stayz, holiday rental, caravan or camping weekend, or city work trip.
Pickup and Delivery: Convenient and flexible collection and delivery of your laundry, usually the very next day.
Washing, Drying, Folding, Ironing: Our services include providing a professional clean and finish of your laundry, ensuring they are in pristine condition before they are returned to you.
Linen, Towels and Sheets: We wash all different types of towels, sheets, doonas, winter bedding, kids’ linen, couch covers, pillowcases, cushion covers, blankets and more.
Ready to book? Head to the Laundry Lady homepage, enter your suburb and select from available dates and times. We can also accommodate special requests and invoicing requirements for NDIS customers, businesses, home staging & styling, and property managers.